July 1, 2009

Bus Service in Malaysia - RapidKL



A few years back, I went to and from work using the overhyped rapidKL (thats the name of the bus for those who don't know) I use to work in damansara but i lived at the Kepong area. So my journey from work to home using this service is as followed:
  1. Walk a couple of minutes to the nearest bus stop that provides rapidKL buses which is heading towards 1 utama (about 15 minutes)
  2. There use to be no shelter to wait for the bus, so rain or heat, I welcomed it with a open hand and some swearing under my voice.
  3. There are specific buses that will head to 1 Utama. Why am I taking a bus to 1 Utama? Its because there are no buses that go straight to my residential area & 1 Utama is like the middle point to connect buses.
  4. Go on the bus and pay up rm2 for any destination 0r show the ticket that you bought earlier. Its like this. Basic stuff when using the rapidKL bus service: Tickets that you get after paying can be used again & again for the whole day. Have you noticed that in front of the bus number, there is always a U (don't remember but it does not stand for unlocal) or T (tempatan/local). Ok...The ticket that you get from a U bus can only be used again on another U bus. and the same goes for the T buses too. So if you're like me, I will be using a U rapidKL bus...in which I will get a ticket...
  5. The bus will go thru TTDI, which is always full of cars, then finally reaching 1 Utama, there is a bus hub...so wait...wait...and wait...go inside to get a pack of smokes...wait...wait...read a leftover paper...wait...wait...kenyit2 mata at the chicks (like they would go for a guy who uses the bus huh...)...wait...wait...
  6. finally...do not have to rush to get on the bus, becoz the driver is resting for a bit...
  7. after he finish resting, show him the ticket that I bought earlier (this was a U bus) and sit down la
  8. then finally reach home, not so sweet home... Wasted too much time on the bus...too tired to go out...
ladies and gentleman, here is the time from A to B =

car(no traffic jams) = 15 minutes
car(with traffic jams) = 45 minutes
bus(including waiting period) = 2 hours
bus(without waiting period) = 1 hour
personal helicopter = time not available...
if I could afford a personal heli, I wont be working there then, would I...

So, what should the management do to improve services?
  • provide more buses
  • provide better routes for the buses (don't make me take two buses la)
  • friendlier drivers
  • a shorter waiting period
but we can't really do much about the buses, can we? They are also affected by the famous Traffic Jams, which infects all of KL & Selangor.

Rain, rain go away
come again another day
little arthur wants to play

Traffic Jam, traffic jam go away

come again another day
little low income dude is f**king late today

but this was all two years back...there are now roofs for the bus stop...there is also a tv on the bus which repeats the same advertisement (WOW...haha...)
thats all I know, because I will avoid taking the bus as much as possible...that hellish waiting period will not be happening to me anymore...muahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers