July 1, 2009

Train Service in Malaysia - Monorail



I'm currently pissed off with the Monorail service in Malaysia...to be more precise, from KL Sentral station to a specific station...

monorail, KL Sentral to Raja Chulan = About 20 minutes
komuter, Kepong to KL Sentral = About 20 minutes

and you call yourself fast...Mr Monarail...You should be ashamed of yourself...people always assume you're the hare and the komuter, the slow turtle...but to me your both turtles, but one is big and the other is small...

the monorail takes shorter routes to nearby locations, whilst the komuter is quite the opposite...the monorail is mainly in the centre of Kuala Lumpur, while the Komuter range from all over KL, Selangor and a bit of N.Sembilan.

ok...this doesn't really pisses me off that much, but please read the following scenario...
  1. Woke up a bit late. Need to hurry
  2. Got in the car and drove to the Komuter nearest to me and had to pay a fucking rm3 for parking...I get that we need to pay for parking, but why does it have to be rm3, rm1 is enough right...its not like you're actually looking after the cars, you just sit inside the booth and take the money maa...it's not like you get affected by the global oil price or the economy downfall...in this economy people will use public transport la...
  3. Rush into the station to buy tickets...wait 20 minutes or if I'm lucky(not), I've just missed the train or theres a problem(technical problem again huh)
  4. Reach KL Sentral, go out of train, then go out from KL Sentral...You need to circle around a construction place to get to the Monorail Station
  5. Tired from walking, I quickly buy the ticket and rush past people on the elevator...Remember...I'm already late
  6. Got on the platform...damn, I've just missed the train
  7. ding dong! Passengers. The next train will not be taking any passengers. Please wait for the following train. ding dong!
  8. Argh!!...then you will see me on my knees screaming endless swear word...
  9. Wait about 5 to 10 minutes for the nest train...and now there are whole lot more people wanting to take that train...
  10. Reach the next station, and there are double the amount of people
  11. Finally arrived at the office, now facing the Boss and ...
I get it...Usually the Monorail stop taking passenger so that they can change the train - good idea
but the problem is that they do it around 9 a.m - bad idea, there are still people who wants to get to their office, still trying to be on time
why don't you do this (the train changing) on 11 a.m or other non-peak hours - great idea
or even better, try having a spare train ready at the space at the back of the station...so when the train that needs to be sent to the hangers go, the spare train can just go forward and take the happy passengers to their destination - f**king great idea

I'm just a low income dude, so I need the job, and most of my money are wasted on public transportation...Isn't public transportation suppose to be a public service to the rakyat?

If only the service was good & the fares are low, or either one of those...that would be great...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers